Warm weather marks a change in the moods of people around the world, it means that it’s now road trip season for many people adventurous enough to hit the roads with a group of friends. You’ve packed up, you’re ready to go, but, what do you do to keep yourself sane while you’re passing the hours by with each passing mile marker? Road games are often times a good go-to, but all in all, music is an absolute necessity for anyone who’s planning on taking a road trip.
From old school country, energetic punk rock, and even classic rock and roll or metal; there are countless different songs that seem to have been made for this adventurous spring and summer getaway.
While your own personal taste in music will definitely come into play when you’re making your road trip play-list, there are several tried and true songs that should be on everyone’s play lists when they are taking a road trip to some pre-planned or unknown place.
Some of the music you should listen to when on the road with your friends and family is:
- Have Love, will Travel- The Sonics.
- Get Lucky- Daft Punk.
- A Thousand Miles- Vanessa Carlton.
- It’s Time- Imagine Dragons.
- Hit the Road Jack- Ray Charles.
- Let Me Ride- Dr. Dre.
- Mustang Sally- Wilson Pickett.
- The Distance- Cake.
- Walking on Sunshine- Katrina & The Waves.
- Shut Up and Drive- Rihanna.
- Can’t Hold Us.- Macklemore.
- Hitchin’ a Ride- Green Day.
- Midnight City- M83.
- Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard.
- Don’t Stop Believin- Journey
- Mud On the Tires- Brad Paisley.
- Going Back to Cali- LL Cool J.
- Paradise- Coldplay.
- King of the Road- Roger Miller.
- I Will Wait- Mumford and Sons.
- The High Road- Broken Bells.
- Big Jet Plane- Angus & Julia Stone.
- Cruise Night- John K. Samson.
- The Great Escape- Boys Like Girls.
- Ruff Ryders Anthem- DMX.
- I Know you Want Me- Pitbull.
- We Can’t Stop- Miley Cyrus.
- Wake Me up- Avicii.
- Summer Love- Justin Timberlake.
- Electric Feel- MGMT.
- Passenger- Iggy Pop.
- B.O.B- Outkast.
- Ticket to Ride- The Beatles.
- Get outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car- Billy Ocean.
- Interstate 8- Modest Mouse.
- Home- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
- Route 66- The Rolling Stones.
- Alive- Krewella.
- Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol.
- Ridin- Chamillionaire.
- Fun, Fun, Fun- The Beach Boys.
- Life in the Fast Lane- The Eagles.
- Wildfire- SBTRKT.
- Fireflies- Owl City.
- Greased Lightning- Grease.
- Take a Walk- Passion Pit.
- On the Road Again- Willie Nelson.
- Send Me on My Way- Rusted Root.
- Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen.
- Where the Streets Have No Name- U2.
- Ramblin Man- The Allman Brothers.
- Girls Fast Cars- The Wombats.
- No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn- The Beastie Boys.
- Start Me Up- The Rolling Stones.
- Highway to Hell- AC/DC.
- The Distance- Cake.
- Red Dirt Road- Brooks and Dunn.
- I’ve Been Everywhere- Johnny Cash.
- Born to Be Wild- Steppenwolf.
- Paradise by the Dashboard Light- Meatloaf.
- Interstate Love Song- Stone Temple Pilots.
- Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen.
Not all of this music may be to your liking, but, give at least a few songs a good ol’ college try. Of course, some of these ballads will have you and your roadies singing your hearts out, passing the time to your next pit-stop.
What songs would you add or remove from this playlist? Leave your feedback in the comments below!