Welcome to the world of edgy mineral makeup! Mineral makeup is becoming increasingly popular with beauty aficionados, and it's easy to see why. Not only is it made of natural ingredients, but it also offers a unique look that is sure to turn heads. If you're looking to make a statement with your makeup, then edgy mineral makeup is the way to go. In this article, we'll take a closer look at what makes mineral makeup so edgy, and provide you with some tips on how to get the perfect look. Ready to get the low down on edgy mineral makeup? Read on!
The buzz about mineral make-up has been going on for a while now, since its commercial start in the 1970s. But have you ever wondered what all the fuss is about? This article will walk you through what mineral make-up is and how to wear it with edge!
Mineral make-up is based on natural products that give you a weightless and flawless finish to reveals healthy glowing skin. Although it contains the normal ingredients like Titanium Oxide and Zinc Oxide, these elements undergo an extraction and purification process in the lab. Unlike other make-up that contain mercury and lead which is very dangerous to your skin. Basically, mineral make-up is gentle to your skin as compared to other make-up.
Skin Care Benefits
When looking at what it’s made of, it’s easy to see why mineral make-up has become so popular. Some of the benefits to your skin are;
* Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide both act as sun block, so an even application of mineral make-up provides some sun protection. Mineral make-up is great for summer days running errands. However, you must still apply an SPF 30 – if you want your mineral make-up to sit as nicely as possible.
* Zinc oxide is also an FDA-approved skin protectant. It has some anti-inflammatory properties, so can be useful in calming irritated skin.
- Mineral makeup is natural looking due to the fact there are no fillers or heavy waxes. A mineral foundation or loose pressed powder wears better than traditional makeup for everyday wear.
- It is less likely for a woman with sensitive skin to experience a reaction using mineral makeup. Dermatologists actually often encourage the use of mineral makeup to women with rosacea or eczema.
- It doesn't contain oil and so is better for acne-prone skin as it won’t clog pores.
- Mineral makeup comes in all forms. From liquid and compact foundations to pigments used for rouge or blush. There is also eyeshadow for those who prefer not to use creamy or heavy products on their skin.
- Mineral make-up is often more expensive than traditional products – so isn’t ideal for girls on a budget!
- Some products have been said to collect in fine lines and pores, and sometimes accentuate flaky areas for women prone to dry skin.
- Cosmetic scientists have argued that the “mineral” aspect in the makeup isn’t as straightforward as it is advertised. The zinc oxide found in all mineral make-up isn’t from a mine, but is rather a synthetic product produced in a lab.
How to Wear Mineral Make-up
1. Rocker chic
To attain the edgy rocker look using mineral make-up, create some dark smoky eyes. By using shimmering eyeshadow, and neutral lipstick, nobody will doubt your rockin' nature. Fun nail stickers are also a rocking way of adding some more personality.
Right: Regalia Vegan Loose Pigment Eyes, Lips, Face, Scotish Gorgeous Easy Simple Worldwide Free Shipping Costumisable Size Nail Stickers
2. Classic Style
For a timeless look, red lips are always the go to. Perfect for any occassion, you can dress the look up or down. Red lips are the ultimate way to achieve a classic vybe to your make-up.
L-R: Midnight Sky Handmade Mineral Eye Shadow, Bloody Lips Treehuggers Organic Red Lipstick
3. Gothic Lolita Look
If you are into Gothic Lolita, black or bright blue mineral eye-shadow will give your eyes an amazing pop. Goth make-up should stand out from the norm. Whether you prefer it dark or bright, find a look that will accentuate your eyes, sending chills through everybody you look at.
Right: Buddha Bright Teal Aqua Shimmer
Skin Care Benefits
Some of the benefits to your skin are;
* Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide both act as sun block, so an even application of mineral makeup provides some sun protection. Mineral make-up is great for summer days. However, you must still apply an SPF 30 – if you want your mineral makeup to sit as nicely as possible.
* Zinc oxide is also an FDA-approved skin protestant. It has some anti-inflammatory properties, so can be useful in calming irritated skin.
When looking at what it’s made of, it’s easy to see why mineral makeup has become so popular. Now that you know all the benefits of mineral make-up, give it a shot and set some trends! .
If mineral makeup sounds like something you would like to try, take a look at some of the range available at Rebelsmarket.
Are you ready to be made over? Any comments or suggestions on this blog? Comment below.
Courtesy of wed114.cn, shop.cinemasecrets.com, pinterest.com, kissandmakeupsbeautyblog.com, webmd.com