If you love dressing up in classic pinup styles and rockabilly looks, you know that the right accessories are essential for completing your look. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or for a special pinup lady in your life, this gift guide has all the perfect items to bring a little vintage glamour to your wardrobe. From retro-inspired jewelry to hair accessories, this guide has something for every pinup and retro rockabilly. So let’s get shopping!
If you have a friend or loved one who is crazy about Marilyn Monroe, Dita Von Teese, or Bettie Page, odds are good that you'll need a more interesting gift than socks or a gift card. It can be hard, though, to find a gift that really suits their style- unless you shop at RebelsMarket! This holiday season, let us be Santa's little helpers and assist you with finding the perfect gift.
The first option for your gift-giving needs are accessories that fit that retro style. Chosen correctly, these can be awesome pieces they use almost every single day- and they'll think of you every time! Hard to find items will be especially appreciated.
Try looking for:
- Sweater Clips, which are used at the neckline of any sweater to hold it in place.
- Scarf-style headwraps, commonly seen in vintage posters (like Rosie the Riveter), are a great piece for casual days and accent updos perfectly.
- Glasses are also iconically retro, especially the cats-eye glasses.
- Vintage-style purses like bowler bags and clutch purses are always welcome in the wardrobe.
For the gents who need a gift or the ladies who have everything, consider some retro home decor to wrap up.
Try getting them:
- Tin signs are a great way to infuse a little old-fashioned charm around the house, and pinup girls are the perfect subjects for these. There are lots of vintage signs that are modeled on old advertisements, perfect if they're after an old diner look in their kitchen.
Kitschy, cute throw pillows are a must on every retro couch and chair.
For the extra- ladylike, quirky DIY crafts like punky cross-stitch patterns are a no-brainer.
Cold Weather Clothing
If you know your recipient's taste well, it's a wonderful idea to get them something they can use right away. Many pinup dresses are short with tank top styles but plenty of other items are great for the vintage enthusiast.
Any of these are a good pick:
Retro cardigan sweaters are great for layering, and can be paired with a matching sweater clip for an extra special gift.
Printed scarves are multipurpose, and can be used for anything from doing hair to starting a drag race.
Short capes are hard to find, but would be a prized piece in the chilly months.
The most important thing to keep in mind when buying a gift is to put a lot of thought into it. You know your friends and loved ones, so be sure to carefully consider their tastes and personal style. We've put together a collection to give you some ideas, so happy shopping!